Sunday, September 2, 2007

"The Enchanted Cottage"

Someone asked me to recommend some romantic movies since I'm such a mushy chick. Of course I have my favorites like "Love Actually," "Titanic," and "The Goodbye Girl" with Richard Dreyfuss. But if I could recommend one romantic movie that everyone should see it would be "The Enchanted Cottage."

In this beautiful movie made in 1944 Dorothy McGuire plays Laura, a homely woman who serves as a maid in a honeymoon cottage and Robert Young is Oliver, a former member of the Air Corps physically disfigured and emotionally broken following a plane crash who rents the cottage. I can bet you know how it turns out - of course they fall in love - but unlike most movies you see this one focuses on a theme rarely seen in Hollywood - love is blind & inner beauty is what really counts.

This movie is not available on tape, but if you have the chance to see it on TV do so - you'll never forget it.

add to sk*rtStumble upon

1 comment:

Mauigirl said...

Very interesting, I hadn't heard of that movie before! I'll keep my eye out for it.